Since 2003, Zoe’s Place has been providing a safe, supervised home and supportive services for young moms and their babies, who would otherwise be homeless. Aptly named after the Greek for “gift of life,” Zoe’s helps young mothers become more self-sufficient, have fewer repeat unplanned pregnancies, increase their chances of gaining an education and/or viable employment, and ultimately, raise healthier babies.
To help each young mother succeed, Zoe’s Place offers:
- Safe, supervised housing – The Zoe’s Place residence is home to five young moms and their infants at any one time with a live-in house manager. The beautifully decorated, spacious home has plentiful common areas, an expansive backyard and provides a warm, family-like setting for the young women and their babies. Each mother has her own bedroom she shares with her baby, allowing for privacy and bonding.
- On-Site Child Care – While the young mothers are at school or at their place of employment, they have access to free on-site child care. This eliminates the worry of having to afford the high cost of quality child care for their little ones! Our child care is equipped to support each baby’s social, emotional, and physical development.
- Mobility Mentoring – Each young mother works with a professional mentor on attaining education and career goals, fostering financial independence and promoting positive parenting and family stability.
- Critical Life skills – The young mom’s at Zoe’s Place receive instruction and training from professionals in financial literacy, parenting skills, household management and education and career advancement.
- Continued Family Support – Pregnant and parenting older adolescents are eligible to live at Zoe’s Place and access on-site services until they are 24 years old. Once the young women are no longer living at Zoe’s, they are encouraged to continue to be part of the Zoe’s Place family. They continue to have access to Mobility Mentoring, free child care, new mother support groups, financial literacy classes, positive parenting workshops, and youth development services.
If you need our help, please contact Kelly Guerrieri at email@example.com for more information.