Join Our Team. Make A Difference Every Day.
Children’s Aid and Family Services has the following job openings as of September 9, 2020
Please note: When emailing your resume, please be sure it is in Word format or cut and paste it into the email.
Click below to download an application.
- Controller – Finance Department: (1/FT): To maintain the books and records of the Agency. This includes general accounting and reporting, maintenance of the general ledger, analysis of accounts, monitoring accounts receivables, payables and cash positions. This position provides the primary support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and supervises the Senior Accountant, Billing Coordinator, Accounts Payable Coordinator and the Accountant for State Contracts. This position also interfaces with other departments and provides financial information and guidance. Requires: Bachelor’s degree in the area of Accounting, Finance or Business, a minimum of four years of relevant experience, familiarity with the not-for-profit industry as it relates to contracts, funding and grants, CPA, CMA or CFGM preferred but not required, excellent communication skills – oral and written and strong computer skills – specifically Microsoft Word Applications – Excel, Outlook, and Great Plains. Salary commensurate with credentials and qualifications; include cover letter with salary requirements.
- Director, Disability Support Services (FT): To provide oversight for the overall operations and treatment services for a minimum of four (4) agency’s group homes for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, Responsibilities include direct supervisory responsibility for all treatment, case management, direct care components and on-call and coverage responsibilities. Requires: Minimum of a high school diploma with a minimum of four (4) years related experience working with the I/DD population, bachelor’s degree preferred, three (3) years supervisory experience, excellent management, organization and communication skills – oral and written, ability to provide strong leadership to program, excellent interpersonal skills, and valid NJ driver’s license/good driving history. Must be able to successfully complete and display proficiency in all areas of training. Computer literacy required – Microsoft Applications: MS. Word, Outlook required. Salary commensurate with qualification and credentials.
- Residential Manager (FT): To establish a therapeutic milieu and deliver effective services through positive role-modeling and professionalism. The residential manager is responsible for the day-to-day functioning, supervision and management of the home. Responsibilities include ensuring the home has 24-hour coverage and supervision that is in line with ratio requirements, providing coverage to the home as needed, staff training and supervision, inter-facing with family/team members – internal and external stakeholders, completing reports, logs and ensuring all documentation is submitted in a timely basis. Requires: Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with three years’ experience working with children who are behaviorally challenging, BA degree in Social Services or related field preferred, experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and previous supervisory experience, strong problem solving and organization skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and valid NJ driver’s license/good driving history. Computer literacy required – Microsoft Applications: MS. Word, Outlook required. Salary: Low – Mid $40s based on size of group home/level of service, experience and credentials.
- Behavior Specialist (PT positions): Teach staff to implement the behavior plans and strategies that are developed by the supervisor that support the needs of intellectual/developmentally disabled (I/DD) children and adults in the agency’s care. Specifically, review plans with staff, implement house goals such as activity charts for staff to follow, report the progress of the staff and clients to the supervisor at review meetings. Requires: Bachelor’s level, psychology or related degree, professional with a minimum of a two years’ experience providing services to children and adults with I/DD and utilizing ABA methodology. Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle for self-transportation to and from worksites. Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends as needed. Hourly rate $25 per hour.
- Direct Support Professional – Adult and Children’s Services (FT, PT & Per Diem): To support individuals in maintaining their independence and empowering them to become integrated members of their communities. To establish a therapeutic milieu and deliver effective treatment services through positive behavioral supports and professionalism. Responsible for the care and supervisor of 4-6 individuals living in a community residence. Requires: Minimum of a high school diploma, two years working with individuals with developmental disabilities, good communication skills, and a valid driver’s license/good driving history. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree, experience working with the developmentally disabled. Schedules and hourly rates: FT: Shifts: 3pm – 11pm/$13.50 per hr, 11pm – 9am/$12.50 per hr, Sat & Sun: 9am – 3pm/$15 per hr and per diem/$12.50 per hr. Community residences located in Bergen and Passaic County, current priority hiring is for positions located in West Milford and Ringwood, NJ.
- Support Coach – STRIVE (FT positions): The staff within our day program support adults with developmental disabilities in maintaining their independence and empowering them to become integrated members of their communities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to implementing behavior plans, providing an appropriate level of supervision, one-to-one personal care as needed, accompanying/transporting clients to appointments and into the community for recreational activities, teaching and reinforcing independent living skills, administering medication and working as a critical part of an interdisciplinary team. This position is Monday – Friday, 40hrs a week. 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Requires: Minimum of a High School diploma with prior experience working the developmentally disabled and/or behaviorally challenged individuals, preferred: Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience, valid state driver’s license and good driving history, good writing and communication skills, computer literacy, ability to effectively work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and races, ability to effectively work as a team member and implement positive behavioral supports. Hourly Rate: $12 – $13 per hour depending on credentials and experience.
- Individual Support Specialist – Tech 1 provider (multiple/PT positions): Completes the Child Adaptive Behavior Summary (CABS) with the individual’s parent/guardian, creates and develops the Individual Support Plan that will be implemented by the ISS Tech 2 Provider, provides 1 hour of weekly face-to-face supervision of the Tech 2 Provider with the individual, supervises individuals with developmental disabilities to ensure safety, provides personal care to the individual while in the home or community as needed (may include but is not limited to lifting, transferring, toileting, feeding, bathing, and dressing), transports and accompanies individuals on activities in the community if applicable, documents the daily behavior of the individual, special incidents, accidents and any other information that pertains to the care of the individual, assists and teaches the Tech 2 provider strategies to use with individuals in developmental areas, documents weekly progress notes and maintains communication with the individual’s Care Manager. Requires: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred), prior experience (minimum 3 years) working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or challenging behaviors, valid driver’s license and good driving history, must be able to use of own vehicle for the transportation of clients as needed – mileage reimbursement available, good writing and communication skills, ability to effectively work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and races, ability to effectively work as a team member and implement positive behavioral supports, employee must successfully complete and demonstrate proficiency in all areas of required training. Hourly rate: $35 per hour dependent on experience and experience.
- Individual Support Specialist- Tech 2 provider (multiple positions/PT): The Individual Support Specialist implements the Individual Support Plan as developed by the supervisor. This staff member supervises individuals with developmental disabilities to ensure safety and provides personal care to the individual while in the home or community as needed. Specialist will teach the individuals skills such as toileting, bathing, brushing teeth, meal prepping, washing hands, social skill building, effective communication skills, etc. This is a part time position with varied hours. All specialists are responsible for coordinating their schedules with the families. These positions that serves both Bergen and Passaic counties. Requires: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred), prior experience (minimum 3 years) working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or challenging behaviors, valid driver’s license and good driving history. Must be willing and able to use of own vehicle for the transportation of clients as needed – mileage reimbursement offered. Hourly Rate: $20 per hour dependent on credentials and experience.
- After-School Respite Aide – STRIVE Respite Program (multiple PT positions): The after school respite aide counselors provide leadership and guidance to a group of 2-3 children with special needs and assists children with increasing their independence, experiencing community membership, increasing social skills, building peer relationships and increasing self-confidence while providing positive reinforcement or other behavioral interventions, as needed. The staff maintains constant supervision and provides physical assistance to children when necessary. Schedule is Monday – Friday, 17 ½ hours per week – either 2:30 – 6:00 pm or 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Requires: Minimum of a high school diploma with at least one year working with children/teens, must have the desire to work with special needs children and a willingness to learn different approaches and techniques, must have the physical ability to care for and engage children, ability to participate in all activities, which may include, running kneeling, lifting, climbing, sitting and standing for extended periods of time, must have the auditory, visual and physical ability to respond to critical incidents, maturity, good moral character and integrity. Prior experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or challenging behaviors preferred, strong communication skills – oral and written. Hourly rate: $11 – $12 depending on qualifications.
- Recovery Specialist (Multiple Per-Diem positions): To engage individuals who have been reversed from an opioid overdose and provide non-clinical assistance and recovery supports while maintaining follow-up with these individuals. Requires: Minimum of a high school diploma and three (3) years of sobriety and experience in the principles of recovery that assist individuals to improve their health and wellness; preferred: Associate’s degree, must have the availability to work a 12-hour shift from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., valid driver’s license and uses of own vehicle for self-transportation.
- Baby-Sitters (Multiple positions/per-diem/substitute): To provide childcare and supervision to children whose parents are participating in agency workshop and training sessions. Requires: Minimum of 18 years of age, prior baby-sitting experience, patience and ability to physically care for children, which may require sitting and standing for long periods of time, squatting, kneeling, etc. Each cycle of parent workshops/trainings may be 7 to 14 sessions long. Schedules include: Mondays – Thursdays 5p.m. to 8pm – Bergen County: Englewood, Garfield, Lodi, Hackensack, Fair Lawn and Lyndhurst. Passaic County: Paterson 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Respite Worker, Zoe’s Place (Per Diem positions): To provide supervision/coverage to a mother/child home in the absence of the live-in house manager. Serves as a supportive role model and plays a vital role on the team assisting each resident in meeting their full potential. Responsibilities include: overseeing day-to-day daily operations of the home, encouraging a family environment, enforcing program rules and protocols, ensuring safety requirements are being adhered to, working with the mobility mentoring specialist and life coach as needed, and providing a supportive environment for residents and their children. Coverage is primarily on the weekends, may include overnights (sleeping in the home), vacations and/or during leaves. Requires: minimum of a high school diploma, relevant experience, strong communication skills – oral and written, driver’s license/good driving history, ability to build relationships and intervene appropriately as needed. Hourly Rate: $11
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUMES AND APPLICATIONS VIA
Mail: Children’s Aid Family Services
Attn: Human Resources
200 Robin Road Paramus, NJ 07652
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Children’s Aid and Family Services values a diversified workforce and follows all relevant federal and state laws and requirements. Employees at this agency are selected under procedures which provide equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin. Our primary goal is to assure that the agency’s staff are able to successfully fulfill the responsibilities of the position assigned. In doing so, we embrace a full commitment to affirmative action in the recruitment, selection, placement, training and promotion of minorities. This effort recognizes the fact that our client base is also diverse. An equal employment opportunity is afforded to qualified individuals with disabilities who, with reasonable accommodation, can perform the functions of their position. Staff will also be promoted and/or transferred in adherence with these values.
Applying for an Internal Position:
If you are a current employee and are interested in applying for any of the following positions, please review the internal application found on e-center.