Family and Community Services
In addition to direct support for children and teenagers that don't have families able to take care of them, Children's Aid and Family Services also provides support to individual children, teens, young adults, seniors and their families to navigate the many challenges and transition of life. In today's challenging times, every family needs help and support. Our family and community-based programs are designed to provide the support needed to triumph over the difficult periods.
- Family Services offers a variety of support services for families in the community. Click here for more details.
- Trauma and Crisis Services - triage assessment and intervention provided at times of individual and community crisis.
- Every Parent Influences Children (EPIC) - a 12 week parenting program offered through The Center for Alcohol and Drug Resources. This parenting program is dedicated to providing parents and caregivers with the support and parenting education they need. Please visit The Center for Alcohol and Drug Resources for more information.
- Baby Basics Program assists low-income families through donations from the community of formula and diapers and other baby essentials. Click here for more details.
- Senior services Social work support is provided at the Bergen County senior centers at 46-50 Center Street in Midland Park; Americas Unidas Multicultural Center at 101 Hudson Street in Hackensack; and Garfield Senior Activity Center at 480 Midland Avenue, Garfield. Click here for more details.
For more information on any of our family and community services programs, please contact Children's Aid and Family Services at 201-261-2800.